floor types: resilient flooring
VCT (Vinyl Composition Tile)
NO MORE STRIPPING OR BUFFING...PLUS BEAUTIFUL FLOORS? YEP!
Make removing old, yellowing acrylic wax a thing of the past.
EPIC High-Performance Floor Finish is an innovative water-based urethane floor finish for VCT that is exclusively formulated by Ultra Durable Technologies to replace all the hassles associated with traditional floor finishes or waxes. EPIC is available in high gloss and matte finishes. Also, when combined with UDT's proprietary Ultra Grip traction additive, you can achieve a semi-gloss look while protecting against slips and falls.
What is VCT?
Vinyl composition tile (VCT) is the most common flooring material that is used primarily in commercial, healthcare, and educational settings. Modern vinyl floor tiles, sheet flooring, and versions of those products sold since the early 1980’s are composed of colored polyvinyl chloride (PVC) chips molded by heat and pressure into solid sheets of varying thicknesses (1/8" is most common). Floor tiles are available in 12" x 12" squares or 12" x 24" rectangles. During installation, the floor tiles or sheet flooring are applied to a smooth, leveled sub-floor using a specially formulated vinyl adhesive that remains pliable.
- Is relatively inexpensive to install
- Is very durable, yet not very flexible, making it brittle and prone to cracking
- Is often coated with a very thin, factory-applied coat of wax that only protects against minor abrasion during shipping and installation
- Requires removal of factory wax followed by an application of a finish or sealer immediately after installation
- Has open seams into which moisture can penetrate
- Constantly needs maintenance
- Adhesive often seeps up between tiles
- Moisture sinks between tiles
- Excessive gaps form between tiles due to settling or improper installation
- Sustains burn marks from buffing
- Cracks from uneven substrates
- Underlayment or adhesive trowel marks show on the surface
- Discolors, especially brightly colored tiles
- One coat replaces multiple coats of traditional acrylic floor finish
- Eliminates buffing and frequent recoating processes
- Water-based urethane that is friendly to the environment
- Restores dull and heavily worn no wax floors to “like new” condition
- Dramatically reduces maintenance costs
- Non-yellowing, UV stable, and extremely chemical and abrasion resistant
- May be used with UDT Ultra Grip abrasion and traction additives
- Available in High-Gloss and Matte sheen
EPIC SOLVES VCT WOES
VCT is frequently chosen for high-traffic areas because of its low cost, durability, and ease of maintenance. Vinyl tiles have decent resilience to abrasion, chemicals, and impact damage. If properly installed, tiles can be easily removed and replaced when damaged. However, because their shine dulls quickly and are susceptible to damage, they do also require a floor finish immediately after they are installed in order to stretch the floor’s life from “cradle to grave.” Therefore, whether it comes with a factory finish or not, EPIC High-Performance Floor Finish is a perfect solution to enhance and protect VCT so that it can reach its expected lifespan.
Just one thin coat of EPIC yields an impermeable barrier that keeps moisture out, enhances the color of the tile, and provides protection from damage from chemicals and abrasion. Plus, the single coat last 3-5 years and requires NO buffing or stripping.